Hi, Welcome to Sqljunkieshare
I am Akhil Vangala a technology enthusiast,Consultant,Blogger…. and I am happy to share my experience here in Database design, ETL development,Administration and Business intelligence
If you like it please follow my blog!
Below is my detail experience
- Integrating application specific data across enterprise in EDW environments
- Designing data flows and performing necessary operations required by business across multiple applications and heterogeneous systems.
- Implementing business rules at database level using procedures, triggers and functions and maintaining database integrity using various constraints.
- Designing and developing, deploying ETL loads across multiple relational and Non-relational database systems
- Designed various logical and physical data models and deploying them in OLTP environments.
- Worked on Star schema and snow flake schemas in OLAP environments
- Involved in complete life cycle of data warehouse development.
- Staging data from ODS and transforming by encompassing business rules and loading data in to dimensions and cubes.
- Building ROLAP and MOLAP cubes using Analytical workspace manager using Oracle OLAP features
- Tuning databases and optimizing database storage with best practices at various levels by using Partitioning, Sub Partitioning, Data Compression, Indexes, Materialized views and parallel bulk data loads.
- In memory transformations, Tuning, Developing and deploying end to end integration with SQL Server Integration Services
- Developing reports and dashboards for financial analysis using WebFOCUS
- Developed numerous reports using SQL and WebFOCUS reporting tool
- Developed various dashboards for analysis purposes with visualizations using pictorial statistics and drill downs
- Worked with report scheduler and managed reporting environment, content management and KPI reporting environment.
- Designing, developing and testing database specific procedure’s to perform various business operations across relational database systems (Oracle, Microsoft
- Worked on Performance Tuning, capacity planning, Disaster Recovery, Backup and Restore procedures in SQL Server 2008.
- Indexed views, complex stored procedures, effective triggers, joins and useful functions to facilitate efficient data manipulation and consistent data storage.
- Experience in Writing T-SQL Queries using inner joins, outer joins and cross joins.
- Created SSIS Packages for Incremental Loading, slowly changing dimensions, data Importing, Cleansing, and Parsing.
- Used SQL Profiler for monitoring and troubleshooting performance issues in T-SQL code and stored procedures
- Extracting, Transforming and Loading (ETL) tasks using SSIS including tools like BCP utility, DTS and SSIS 2005 / 2008 Packages with proper control & data flow elements.
- Excellent in High Level Design of ETL DTS Packages & SSIS Packages for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources (Excel, CSV, Oracle, flat file, Text Format Data) by using multiple transformations provided by SSIS such as Data Conversion, Conditional Split, Bulk Insert, merge and union all.
- Implemented other new T-SQL features added in SQL Server 2005 Like Error handling through TRY-CATCH statement, Common Table Expression (CTE)
- Used Change Data Capture (CDC) functionality of SQL Server 2008 alongside SSIS to populate the destination tables with inserted updated and deleted data.
- Experience in Error handling by using Event handlers and also provide custom logging for SSIS packages.
- Experience in SQL database design, architecture, data modeling using Erwin; Data Warehousing and analysis skills: ETL tools, MDX, OLAP (MOLAP, HOLAP, and ROLAP), dimensional modeling, star schema and snowflake schema.
- Experience in Designing MDX Cubes, fact Tables and Dimensions in SSAS.
- Writing MDX Queries and expressions in Cubes for use in front end Business Intelligence applications.
- Expertise in creating OLAP cubes using SSAS for data mining and created reports from the OLAP cubes using SSRS.
- Experience in using C# and visual basic in SSIS package development and custom coding .net reports
- Experience with developing Parameterized, Custom Reporting, drill down and drill through Reports using SSRS for daily, monthly and yearly reports and SSAS projects.
- Experience in creating Ad-hoc reports, data driven subscription reports by using Report Builder in SSRS.
One thought on “About”
nice video and details in you section….Do you have case study also?